Reading time: 5 minutes
Brand visibility is a key asset in your consumer environment. This means how often people see your brand in search results, social media, emails, online advertising, and other online marketing channels.
Why does brand visibility matter?
Having strong visibility allows people to find your website on their own, increasing your chances of converting your website or landing page’s traffic into potential customers. It can also help your brand’s reputation and help you stand out from your competition.
If you want to know how to create online visibility for your business, take a look at the tips below.
1. Create a strong brand identity
Before putting in the effort to make your brand as visible as possible, you want to make sure what you’re showing is a clear and accurate representation of what your company stands for. This means developing your own unique personality and voice. In order to leave a lasting impression on your customers, you must develop a unique brand character that connects and relates with your audience.
To create a strong brand identity, do the following:
• Study your audience – Who are they? What do they need or want? How do they want to be spoken to? Once you better understand your target audience, you can adapt your messaging and voice to fit their needs.
• Create a style that is yours – A unique logo, colour palette and design elements can be extremely helpful in setting you apart from your competitors.
• Tell them who you are – Clearly communicate your brand’s mission, core values, and unique selling propositions. Be as direct as possible, as added fluff can be a sign of uncertainty or a lack of confidence.
• Choose a tone of voice – What is your brand personality, and how is that reflected in its messaging? For example, if your brand is quirky and fun, you may want to use language that is unconventional and incites a childish sense of excitement.
2. Build a professional website
Your website is one of the most, if not the most, important assets your brand has, and acts as proof of your company’s authenticity. When someone hears about your products or services, the first place they will turn to for more information is your website.
When building your website, keep the following pointers in mind :
• UX (User Experience) is key – Make your website as intuitive as possible for your potential customers. This means creating an interface that is easy to navigate and leads users to the information they are looking for quickly. Remember, less is more.
• Build it for mobile – A majority of the people who access your site will do so with their mobile phones or tablets. It’s important to build a site that is fully responsive and optimised for smaller screens.
• Speak to your audience – Don’t get so carried away with design and effects that you forget the purpose of your site. Publish content that your customers want to see and read. Make sure each and every page serves a specific purpose.
3. Invest time in SEO
SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is the process of increasing the quality and quantity of traffic to your website, helping you build brand visibility and awareness and generate more opportunities to convert leads into customers.
There are a number of simple ways you can increase awareness of your brand using SEO:
• Create content users want – Search engines concentrate on providing relevant results to what users are actually looking for online. Give your audience what they want by curating high quality, informative and original content that answer their queries.
• Do keyword research – Do some keyword research to find out what users use in search engines so you can optimise content around those terms. There are tons of free tools that can help you in this research, such as Keyword Planner, Google Correlate, Keyword In and many more.
• Use descriptive page titles – Website builders create URLs based on your pages and post’s titles. Create different titles for each of your pages, and create attention-grabbing titles for your posts that use your keywords to generate the best results in search engines.
4. Create a blog
Your company’s blog is one of the most important tools you have in your inbound marketing strategy. This is where you can educate your audience, establishing yourself as an authority in your particular niche and gaining customer trust and interest.
To create a blog that works to increase brand awareness:
• Write high-quality, informative content – Find out what your audience wants to know and write in detail about that. Writing blogs for the sake of pushing out content will prove futile, as Google algorithms are now configured to know the difference between high and low quality content.
• Blog regularly – Although we stand by the mantra “quality over quantity”, make sure you are publishing content regularly. This gives your readership more chances to engage with and share your content. Guest blogging is also a great tool to help solidify your position as a thought-leader.
• Use visuals – Using attractive graphics and visuals is a good way to capture users’ attention and gives them even more incentive to share your content.
5. Leverage Social Media Channels
Using social media gives you the ability to reach and engage with millions of people all around the world. Social media users have the ability to follow the brands they love and share that brand’s content with those in their network. This means more opportunities for your business to reach an audience you may have not reached on your own.
Our tips on how to increase online visibility with social media:
• Choose the right channels – Every single social network may not be appropriate for your business. Identity the channels that your target market uses most, and focus your energy there.
• Engage with your followers – Maintain on-going conversations with your audience. Show them their feedback and loyalty is valued by liking and responding to their posts in a positive manner.
• Post regularly – Your audience follows your brand to keep up with the latest news and announcements. Keep them up to speed by posting relevant content consistently.
6. Gather Customer Reviews
Encouraging users to leave online reviews is a great way to increase your visibility. A majority of consumers are highly influenced by online reviews before making a buying decision, so asking your customers to review on sites such as Facebook, Yelp, and TripAdvisor will give you a major boost in your online presence.
Directing customers to online review sites via your own landing page, or providing feedback forms that link to these review sites after a purchase is made are just some ways you can encourage your audience to write reviews.
7. Track Results and Improve
Your online brand visibility isn’t static, so efforts in increasing online presence shouldn’t be, either. You must continually work on improving your marketing and PR strategies to keep your business in the eyes of consumers. There are various analytics tools you can use for each of your channels, such as Google Analytics and Facebook Analytics, as well as paid tools such as SEMRush Ahrefs and others.
Figuring out how to increase brand visibility online isn’t always easy, but it’s necessary if you want your brand to reach your audience. If done so correctly, your efforts will result in not only a greater online presence, but in more leads that lead to conversions.
If you still need a hand in boosting your online presence, get in touch and we’ll work with you to get your brand in front of your customers.